To burn body and belly fat you must stop eating junk food. What exactly is junk food? It may be pretty obvious to most people and to others some clarification may be in order just to make sure we really know what junk food is and the sneaky ways food manufacturers can disguise it.
We all know that basically junk foods include non foods like candy, sugar, soft drinks – yes even diet soft drinks because they contain artificial sweeteners, but what about a lot of foods that contain corn syrup to sweeten the taste?
Corn syrup is found in so many foods from pasta sauce to even some so called natural juices! It’s very cheap for food manufacturers to use as a sweetener in soft drinks, candy and baked goods. Most of these products are classified as junk food. Corn syrup aids in the storage of fat cells so try to avoid these products most of the time.
When it comes to fat eat healthy fats instead of trans fat. Have some olive oil, salmon oil, or flaxseed oil instead. You can also eat walnuts and almonds. When you stop eating junk food you will not only lose weight and belly fat, you will also feel and look healthier.
I’ve broken down the list so you can easily see the individual foods and drinks that you need to stay away from to burn fat and lose the muffin top.
Your body cannot handle chemicals and stores harmful substances so keep your eating habits as natural as you possibly can so you really increase your metabolism.
List of foods you Must Stop Eating To Get a Flat Stomach
- Soft drinks
- Chocolate fudge
- Fried foods
- Hamburgers and French fries
- Boiled sweets
- Mint sweets
- Honey – yes even the honey, honey!
- Tinned fruits
- Cured meats
- Fast foods
- Corn syrup
- Fruit juice
- Soda Pop
- Bread made with white flour
- All baked goods made with white flour
- Pasta made with white flour
- Packaged Cereals
- Potato chips
- Ice cream
- Meat with hormones etc
- Yogurt with sugar and toxic additives
- White rice
- Anything packaged or canned with sugar, salt or toxic additives
- Artificially hardened fats, margarine and shortenings
- Common table salt – use celtic salt
- Commercial condiments with sugar, salt or toxic additives
- Fructose, sucrose, and glucose
I know some of these are going to be hard to fore-go but fore-go you must, overall your health will improve. You are getting back to basic and simple natural and unprocessed food.
Stop the Junk Food To Burn Belly Fat
- Coffee is addictive and can set up food cravings so stop drinking coffee and replace it with green tea or another herbal tea. My favorite is peppermint tea.
- Cut out potato chips, corn chips, cookies, candy, ice-cream and cakes and have some fruit. You can buy sugar free cookies, with natural sugar on-line but only as an occasional treat.
- Eliminate all processed carbs like white bread/flour, biscuits, fast foods, pasta white, canned fruits with added sugar.
- Stop drinking regular and diet sodas. Research is proving that diet sodas containing aspartame can cause neurological symptoms mimicking MS and Lupus. It also means cutting out sugar free gum.
- Give up smoking and cut down on your alcohol intake. We all know how bad smoking is for your health and alcohol is pure concentrated sugar which also can set up cravings.
Don’t try to do everything at once as that would be too overwhelming. Coffee can be replaced. Sugar like foods can be replaced with fruit at first and then gradually decreased if you’re trying to burn fat. You can also purchase cookies with natural sugar. Make sure they do not contain artificial sweeteners. If you stop eating junk food your cravings will become manageable and gradually diminish, your health will improve and you will lose belly and body fat.
The 21 Day Sugar Detox is an amazing program authored by Dianne Sanfilippo who is the New York Times bestseller of Practical Paleo. This program has everything you need to stop your cravings for junk food and set you on the right path to health and happiness. Check it out here and bust sugar and carb cravings naturally!